Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Jr High Classroom

A classroom is always a work in progress.  I let my OCD lead the way in getting the front of my room organized.  I created an informational board on the left with posts about what extra credit is available, what to do when you are finished early in class, what to do when it is time to clean up and more.  On the right side I have a place for students to check for missing assignments, and my famous "No Name Wall of Shame" LOL  This is where I post all the no name papers until the students claim them and turn them back in - hopefully with their names this time.  I am hoping to find the time to continue my Egyptian wall above the boards. 

The other continuing work in my room are the ceiling tiles.  The joy to having a drop ceiling in my room is that we can take down the tiles and decorate them.  This started as an endevor with the Art Club I used to have before budgets cuts.  Then I switched over to having each graduating 8th grade class complete a tile.  A couple of years ago, I came back from summer break to find that the class of 1962 had taken down a tile and decorated it for their class.  This summer the class of 1960 did the same.  I love these little pieces of history that surprise me each year.  I am thinking I may have to take a tile with me to my own class reunion next year so our class can add our own piece of history to my ceiling. 

No comments:

Post a Comment